Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Nausea Tips

It is my goal to celebrate this pregnancy. Today I'd like to celebrate the fact that I'm not nauseated yet. It doesn't hit me until sometime during the 7th week usually. Of course I'm hoping I just don't get ill this time, but it's not likely. Here are some tips to stave off nausea I've come up with over the years that are my personal favorites.

EAT.
Get enough rest.
Turn on a fan and let the cool air hit your face.
Prop yourself up in a recliner, and try not to move a muscle.
Go for a walk.
Call or talk to someone who is able to soothe and distract you at the same time.
Remove all unnecessary clothing and lie on your left side.
Wet a washcloth, wrap an ice cube in it, and place it on your throat.
Wear lip gloss with peppermint oil in it.
Tell yourself over and over that "it's worth it, it's worth it, it's worth it..."

Sadly enough I could go on for quite a while but it's late and I'm going to relish going to bed without the need of any of these remedies. YET!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Morning sickness is basically the result of hormones kicking in the body. What pregnant moms need is lots of patience and some treatment for morning sickness to manage the symptoms during the morning sickness weeks.