Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tank tops with help

Hello. Well, today I put on a piece of maternity clothing. I have hit the 13th week and I always vow to myself I won't wear any until the 2nd trimester. I almost made it. I guess I would have to technically get through this week first. Anyway, I'm sure you've heard that you wear them sooner and longer with each pregnancy. I remember wearing maternity shorts for the first time when I went for my ultrasound at 20 weeks when I was pregnant with my first. I felt embarrassment around the ultrasound tech because I didn't even really need the shorts then, I just wore them because I wanted to seem pregnant on the day I found out the sex of my baby.

I actually just put this shirt on because it is one someone gave me that's a tank top with a shelf built-in bra. And I worship the built-in bra. If I could kiss whoever invented shelf bras in tank tops, I would. I wear one of these at least 13 to 14 hours a day, and then there's the days when I just wear a zip up jacket (a.k.a. "hoodie" but I HATE that word so I can't call them that) over the tank and forget wearing a bra that day. By my third child, they were making nursing shelf bra tank tops and these too, are a gift straight from mommy fashion heaven. At first I liked them because they give support without being constraining like a bra, now I like them because they hold my boobs in the correct position. Because, unfortunately, they need all the built-in help they can get.

No comments: